I'm constantly thinking about family, home, life, my health.....all the things that I can't seem to completely take care of in 24 hours! Down time, what is that? Time to flip through the stacks of magazines in multiple piles throughout the house, looking for that new recipe, craft idea, travel tip, decorating idea, the latest exercise that will be just the thing that I need to get back into shape....people, it makes my head spin. I know you feel the same way. I feel like I need to sort through it all, declutter my daily living, and get some fun and satisfaction while doing it. But where do I start? As soon as I tackle an idea that I've been wanted to do forever, I've used up all the time in the day that I was SUPPOSED to be getting laundry done, buying groceries (not to mention getting them put away), making dinner for my family, cutting the lawn (haha) and I'm left feeling overwhelmed and resenting my decision! I may read a great article on gardening or see a terrific idea on The Rachael Ray Show or Food Network that I cannot wait to try...then I forget what it was, jot it down for "later", or just say forget about it, I'll never fit it in. Oyyyyy.....
So.....feeling like I needed to make a change.....I started this blog!
Since Halloween is right around the corner, I've decided to start with decorating. Over the years, I've cut out magazine articles featuring creative craft and decorating ideas for the home. I've meant to find time for "trying" these great tips and fun ideas but each year, Halloween goes by, and I just stick with the same old decorations, thrown up in haste, while the kids are at school. NOT THIS YEAR. Let's see how I can fit it all in and what I learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment